Earlier this week, we got a notice from the Diva and the Professor's school that a Kindergarten student had swine flu. Apprently, the kid was out of school since June 2 but the school was not informed about it until June 5. The kid will not be in summer school until his physician releases him.
I don't know if I should freak out about this or not. The Mad Cow starts summer school next week but at least he won't be in a Kindergarten classroom. Well, he hangs out with Tiger so much that I'm sure he's immune to any germs. You can't let some slimy dog kiss you all day without getting some kind of immunity, right?
Each year, the Diva and the Professor make something to give the staff, teachers and administrators on the last day of school. They've (or more accurately, I've) made wind chimes, hats, pencil holders, squids out of bottles and other artsy things that don't cost a lot of money. This year, we decided to make hand sanitizer since we couldn't find any at Target or Walmart. Everyone was sold out. It was easy - just needed to go to the health food place to buy tea tree oil and find some liquid fragrance at Ben Franklin.
The Professor thought it was "wierd" but the Diva said the teachers liked it. Someone even asked if we could make some next year to sell at the Fair.
Well, now that Swine Flu's officially hit the campus, I'm sure it is a very appreciated strange gift.
Washy, washy, washy, y'all.
No comments:
Post a Comment