Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Yes, I'm still alive and to prove it, come see me this week

For those of you who have been wondering if I've crawled into a fetal position and am living underneath the Mad Cow's plastic fire truck bed due to stress, the answer is "NO" (but it does sound kind of appealing to go into an advanced state of brain-dead hibernation right now). I've just been my usual cho-jo overachieving type-AAA self getting ready my sock thingy's ready for the 'Iolani Fair and helping out with the last minute stuff for the Fair Art Show. Yes, I know that I swore to Buddha that I would not get involved in any way with the Art Show after the wonderfully emotionally draining experience I had last year but to quote Sylvio Dante quoting Al Pacino in Scarface, "Just when I thought I had gotten out, they pulled me back in".

So, I will be at the Collectors' Preview for the Art Show tonight. We open at 5:30 pm and close at 9:00 pm. I will also be there on Friday from opening until 2:00 (gotta remember not to forget to pick up the Mad Cow from school).

Something very cool happened though. I will also be at the Fishcake store on Thursday night from 6 pm to 8 pm. One of the tea ceremony senseis saw one of my Kichigai Kids sitting on my desk at work on Monday (I made four of them for each volunteer station so the new volunteer information binder wouldn't wander off into the black hole of administrative paperwork) and asked my co-worker DI if I would be interested in participating in their recycling show. The only glitch was the show was on Thursday. The good thing was I have a lot of Kids at home since I hadn't tagged or priced anything for the Fair.

I did madly tag and price some last night and this morning. I shouldn't do it while watching Korean soap operas or being hungry since the stories and names have a definite foodie and mean girl theme to them.

Hope I'll see you this weekend somewhere.

Oh, we'll know on Saturday whether the Mad Cow gets in and whether every meal for the next 13 years will consist of 1/2 a pack of Top Ramen each.

No comments:

Post a Comment