No, this posting has nothing to do with Paris Hilton with whom the word "actress" should never be associated with. I hate to admit though I did enjoy watching her try to keep up with Kathy Griffin on My Life on the D List. It was hilarious because I don't think Paris quite understood the difference between sarcasm and brainless adoration. I did lose all respect for Snoop Dogg after learning that not only does Paris Hilton have his home number on her cell phone but he seemed to actually delight when she attempted to be a OG and speak with a "snoop d o doggie jizzle my mizzle" accent. It was horrifying. In the future, you will be able to point to that moment as the day hip hop died tragically.
The Paris that is burning is Paris Jackson, MJJ's only daughter. The one who was visible in public for the first time without the burka or the Mardi Gras feathered mask. If you have been living in a cave on the Neverland Ranch, you are the only one who didn't see her tearful goodbye to "the best Daddy in the world". If you didn't shed a tear after listening to Brooke Shield's remembrances, I bet you were blubbering away listening and watching Paris Jackson. It was such a display of raw emotion. Of course, it would have been better if you didn't have the rest of the Jackson clan around prompting her to speak clearly and adjusting the microphone. Hey, did you notice that poor Prince (the blonde boy) got kind of elbowed to the side by Janet at the end of Paris' speech? Maybe she wanted to avoid having another Aryan youth rip off her blouse to expose her "bubbies" as they say on the Real Housewives of New Jersey?
A caller to a local radio station the day after the funeral went on a rant about how awful the Jackson family was to stage the whole Paris thing - that is clearly was fake and the girl was a good actress. The caller said that whenever a parent died in her family, the children were totally distraught and in tears. Because Paris was not crying on the stage, she must have faked the whole thing said the caller. As you can guess, she was slammed by the DJ's and other listeners for her criticism. The consensus was it was a little girl speaking from the heart who had no more tears left to shed.
I have been to funerals where a young child was left behind due to the death of a parent. The funny thing is, I have never been to one where the child was crying during the funeral. They just sat there totally numb or acted like it was just another day. I didn't take this as "they don't care about Mom or Dad". It was clear they were basically walking wounded who mentally had not come to grips with the reality of the situation. Think about it. Even as an adult, the thought of losing our parents is unimaginable. When it happens, our mind tends to shut down to dull the pain of loss. There are so many things to do to say goodbye that we do not have the luxury to take time to mourn. We look beyond the death and focus on the planning of the big event, the funeral.
It is only when the craziness of the funeral is over and there is only silence remaining that the brain goes, "Okay, now DEAL with this...." You realize you will never see that person again, you regret all that you didn't say or that you didn't return that phone call because you were busy, you wish you could tell them how empty you are. Whether you are a Senior or a child, that is the time that the emotions let loose and the tears can come.
So all of you Paris Jackson haters out there, focus your evil on someone who deserves it - like Paris Hilton.
I didn't get to watch the funeral as I was at work and couldn't find a live feed on my I-Phone. I did see some of the "highlights" though. Here's some of my impressions:
Wasn't Mariah Carey awful? I know she was sad and all but gee, it was like an American Idol audition - the ones that highlight the rejects. And she looked really strange too - too much botox or something. I wonder if having that young husband Nick Cannon has made her want a snip, snip here and a tuck, tuck there. At least Nick went on television and defended her terrible performance, kind of. He didn't say it was good, he said that "she did the best she could as she was distraught". In otherwords, she sucked for a good reason. They should have let the guy sing the whole song. And what was she wearing? It reminded me of those Jerry Springer shows where the Grandma tells the hoochie Granddaughter that it was improper to wear coochie cutter shorts and a tube top to Church.
What was Lionel Richie so mad about at the end of the funeral? He was just scowling and looking generally P.O.'d about something. Did Nicole Ritchie tell him he would be having yet another grandbaby?
I really hate to admit this but I thought Al Sharpton was fantastic. It was the first time that I have ever listened to him without shaking my head or turning the channel. MJJ wasn't strange, his life was strange. Uh, wait, I guess he was a little strange but who wouldn't be with what he had gone through. And how did Reverend Al lose all that weight? He should do Jenny Craig commercials with Valerie Bertinelli. Maybe you look fatter when you are in athletic attire from Adidas instead of a regular suit.
I am mad that Michael never went to see Bubbles once that chimp was sent to a monkey old folks home. Wasn't that his dearest friend for years? I wonder if he ever went to visit his llamas?
I loved the performances by Usher and Jennifer Holiday. They were both incredible. Usher showed that if you have real talent, you can still SING even though you are grief-stricken. Very classy that he went to see Mrs.Jackson at the end of his performance. Jennifer Holiday was just jaw-droppingly good. I will forgive her for being preggers by Punk from I Love New York.
I am still kind of walking around in a haze though about this whole Michael passing away thing. There is a beautiful mural on the wall at Kokua Foods in Moiliili that I saw today. It depicts Michael in his Smooth Criminal best. It made my heart feel a little better. I wanted to take a photo but the kids said that would be "too retarded".
I heard that ABC News ran an article on their website asking whether the black Jackson family were qualified to raise the clearly totally white Jackson kids. Isn't this crazy? Nobody would ask the opposite question if it was a white family raising their black grandchildren. There are so many white parents walking around with their adopted kids from China and nobody even questions when they change Ping's name to Penelope and switch her from rice to radicchio. It's all good since they "rescued" the kid from her impoverished life in Asia. It's the whole plantation mentality rearing it's ugly head again. So stupid.
Last thought - what do you think life will be like if your name is Blanket? I guess I am not one to talk since my son's name is Beanie.
No comments:
Post a Comment